After School Program Instructor
Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the Before & After School Program Instructor will:
- Plan and lead various introductory level recreation programs (ie.Games, sports, crafts, etc) to children ages 5-12 years
- Adapt all activities to meet the needs of program participants and implement program curriculum based on age group, skill level, location, equipment, etc
- Present activities in a way that is fun, engaging and develops the appropriate skills.
- Treat all students in a respectful, responsible and fair manner, responses appropriately to student initiated interactions and demonstrates fair judgment when coping with chaotic or conflicting situations.
- Employ standard health practices when dealing with food items
- Maintain confidentiality as the norm in all issues related to students and parents.
- Provide a safe and positive environment for all participants, ensuring safe rules are established according to policies and procedures set forward by the program.
- Document and communicate any incidents, accidents or damages while supervising the program, along with recording and reporting program attendance.
Provide quality customer service and interact professionally with all program participants, co- workers, parents and the public.
Requirements for Hire:
- First Aid, CPR or willingness to obtain
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Experience leading children/youth in a recreation setting and designing program curriculum preferred.
- Note: proof of all of the above will be required.
Salary and Hours: The position will pay a minimum of $11.00 depending on level of experience. Positions are available for AfterSchool(2:30-5:45pm) either 5-days per week or part-time days. Hours vary depending on number of children according to aninstructor-student ratio. Additional hours are available during Holiday Break, March Break and Inservice Day Camps.
Send resumes (including references) and cover letters by fax or e-mail (no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to
Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Drop off to:
2141 Prospect Road
Nova Scotia, B3T-1S1
Application Deadline: Hiring is on-going; applications accepted on first come, first serve basis. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Work Location: Prospect Road Community Centre – Hatchet Lake
Posted: November 20, 2018