After School Program Instructor
Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the After School Program Instructor will:
- Plan and lead various introductory level recreation programs
(ie.Games, sports, crafts, etc) to children ages 5-12 years
- Adapt all activities to meet the needs of program participants and implement program curriculum based on age group, skill level, location, equipment, etc
- Present activities in a way that is fun, engaging and develops the appropriate skills.
- Treat all students in a respectful, responsible and fair manner, responses appropriately to student initiated interactions and demonstrates fair judgment when coping with chaotic or conflicting situations.
- Employ standard health practices.
- Maintain confidentiality as the norm in all issues related to students and parents
- Provide a safe and positive environment for all participants,
ensuring safe rules are established according to policies and
procedures set forward by the program.
- Document and communicate any incidents, accidents or damages while
supervising the program, along with recording and reporting program
- Provide quality customer service and interact professionally with all
program participants, co- workers, parents and the public.
Requirements for Hire:
- First Aid, CPR or willingness to obtain
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry.
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Experience leading children/youth in a recreation setting and designing program curriculum preferred.
Note: proof of all of the above will be required.
Salary and Hours:
The position will pay a minimum of $12.95 depending on level of
experience. Positions are available for After School (2:30-6pm) 3 to 5
days per week. Hours vary depending on number of children according to
an instructor-student ratio. Additional hours may available during our
Before School Program, Holiday Break, March Break and Inservice Day
Send resumes (including references) and cover letters by fax or e-mail
(no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to (Fax) 902-852-2867
Email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
ASAP. Only successful applicants will be contacted for an interview.
Prospect Road Community Centre – Hatchet Lake. Please note: The PRCC is
NOT located on a public transit route.