Birthday Party Leader
Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the Birthday Party Leader will:
- Plan and lead various introductory level recreational activities & games to children ages 5-12 years for 1-hour time slots.
• Adapt all activities to meet the needs of participants.
• Present activities in a way that is fun and engaging.
• Treat all participants in a respectful, responsible and fair manner, response appropriately to participant initiated interactions and demonstrates fair judgment when coping with chaotic or conflicting situations.
• Employ standard health practices.
• Maintain confidentiality as the norm.
• Provide a safe and positive environment for all participants, ensuring safe rules are established according to policies and procedures set forward by the program.
• Document and communicate any incidents, accidents or damages while supervising the event.
• Provide quality customer service and interact professionally with all program participants, co- workers, parents and the public.
Requirements for Hire:
- Experience leading children/youth in a recreation setting. Knowledge of general sports, active games & activities required.
- First Aid, CPR, and WHIMS or willingness to obtain
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Record Check.
- Drivers License or reliable transportation
Salary: Pay rate negotiable based on experience.
Work hours: Schedule dependent on facility needs; parties will be scheduled on weekends (Saturday & Sunday)
Start date: April 2022
Send resumes and cover letters by fax or e-mail (no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to (Fax) 902- 852-2867
Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Application Deadline: ASAP – Hiring will be ongoing until all positions are filled.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Location: Prospect Road Community Centre, Hatchet Lake.
Please note: The PRCC is not located on a public transit route.