Building Custodian – Weekends
This position contributes to the effective operation and appearance of the Prospect Road Community Centre
Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the
Building Custodian will:
- Inform Management of all cleaning or maintenance issues concerning
the community centre and grounds on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness, maintenance and
security of the facility.
- Keep facility grounds, contents, furnishings in and around the
facility and the interior of the facility in good appearance and in
a clean, tidy, sanitary condition
- Perform duties using proper safety precautions and comply with all
WHMIS regulations for themselves, members, staff, volunteers and
- Ensure waste separation / recycling containers are in place,
utilized and emptied. Keep the interior and exterior of the
building free of all rubbish.
- Change lights, repair fixtures – perform unskilled maintenance
- Notify management (in writing) concerning the need for major
repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Set-up, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, staging.
Use ladders and scaffolding (when necessary) to prepare facilities
for events such as banquets and meetings. Ensure all rooms are
thoroughly cleaned and set-up in accordance with management
- Ensure that lights are not left on in storage and mechanical rooms
and check that no unnecessary lighting is being used when leaving
- Ensure that any unsafe situation is resolved where possible and
report the situation to Management. If serious, phone authorities.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing tasks such as
locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical
appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Ensure that no one re-enters the building after it has been locked
and secured at the end of building hours.
- Snow removal – Keep assigned walkways and entrances free from ice
and snow, and spread salt as needed.
Requirements for Hire:
- First Aid, CPR, and WHIMS or willingness to obtain
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in
Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry.
- Drivers License or reliable transportation
- Mature, reliable and experience working in the related field
Salary and Work hours:
We are seeking applicants for weekend hours, as needed per the needs of
the facility and its schedule. Hours could vary between 8am-9pm,
Saturday and/or Sunday. Please list on your cover letter what your
availability is. Pay rate negotiable based on experience.
Start date: ASAP
Send resumes and cover letters by fax or e-mail (no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to (Fax) 902- 852-2867
Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Drop off to:
2141 Prospect Road
Hatchet Lake Nova Scotia, B3T-1S1
Application Deadline: Open – ASAP –
qualified candidates will be contacted as soon as possible to arrange
an interview. Only candidates selected for an
interview will be contacted.
Prospect Road Community Centre, Hatchet Lake
**Note that the Community Centre is located in an area that is not
serviced by public transit.**