Canteen Attendant – Friday or Saturday Evenings – Weekly
The position provides canteen service during events. Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the Canteen Attendant will:
- Prepare food and drink which includes: making coffee/tea, snacks and sweets for sale and control portions of food items served.
- Provides quality customer service; takes and fills orders, accepts payment and makes change.
- Ensures work space is clean upon arrival, during shift and following use of the kitchen facility. Duties include: cleaning and sanitizing service area, equipment and utensils; washes counters, shelves, tables and chairs, sinks, dishes, etc.
- Works in accordance with safety guidelines
- Tracks canteen inventory and supplies, prepares list of needs, makes suggestions for new items, etc.
Requirements for Hire:
- First Aid, CPR,WHIMS, Food Safety Certification or willingness to obtain
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry
- Drivers License or reliable transportation
- Mature, reliable and experience working in a food-handling position or related field preferred.
Salary: The hourly wage for this position will begin at $12.95/hr, depending on experience.
Work hours: Shifts will be mainly Friday evenings, however, some Saturday evenings may be required. Approximately 15-20 hrs per month.
Start date: April 2022
Send resumes (including references) and cover letters by fax or e-mail (no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to (Fax) 902- 852-2867
Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Drop off to:
2141 Prospect Road
Nova Scotia, B3T-1S1
Application Deadline: ASAP – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Location: Prospect Road Community Centre, Hatchet Lake
Please note: The PRCC is not located on a public transit route.