Custodial Support Staff – Afternoon / evenings & weekends
This position contributes to the effective operation and appearance of the Prospect Road Community Centre. Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the Custodial Support Staff will:
- Report to the Facility Maintenance Manager and informs him/her of all cleaning or maintenance issues concerning the community centre and grounds on a regular basis.
- Be responsible for the overall cleanliness, maintenance, and security of the facility.
- Keep facility grounds, contents, furnishings in and about the facility and the interior of the facility in good appearance and in a clean, tidy, sanitary condition
- Perform duties using proper safety precautions and comply with all WHMIS regulations for themselves, members, staff, volunteers and the public.
- Ensure waste separation/recycling containers are in place, utilized and emptied. Keep the interior and exterior of the building free of all rubbish.
- Change lights, repair fixtures – perform unskilled maintenance work.
- Notify management (in writing) concerning the need for major repairs or additions to building operating systems.
- Set-up, arrange and remove decorations, tables, chairs, staging. Use ladders and scaffolding (when necessary) to prepare facilities for events such as banquets and meetings. Ensure all rooms are thoroughly cleaned and set-up in accordance with management instructions.
- Ensure that lights are not left on in storage and mechanical rooms and check that no unnecessary lighting is being used when leaving any rooms
- Ensure that any unsafe situation is resolved where possible and report the situation to the Facility Maintenance Manager or designate. If serious, phone authorities.
- Monitor building security and safety by performing such tasks as locking doors after operating hours and checking electrical appliance use to ensure that hazards are not created.
- Ensure that no one re-enters the building after it has been locked and secured at the end of building hours.
- Snow removal – Keep assigned walkways and entrances free from ice and snow, and spread salt as needed.
Requirements for Hire:
- First Aid, CPR, and WHIMS or willingness to obtain
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry.
- Drivers License or reliable transportation
- Mature, reliable and experience working in the related field preferred
Salary and Work hours:
- Afternoon/evenings & weekends, based on the needs of the facility. Pay rate negotiable based on experience
- Start date: ASAP
- Deadline: Ongoing
Send resumes and cover letters by fax or e-mail – email@example.com (no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to (Fax) 902- 852-2867
Work Location: Prospect Road Community Centre – 2141 Prospect Road – Hatchet Lake