The position provides administrative support to full-time employees while ensuring prompt, courteous service is extended to the community and guests at all times.
Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the Front Desk Receptionist will:
- Answer incoming calls promptly; takes messages, transfers calls and respond to inquiries
- Greet the arriving public and monitors their whereabouts in the building
- Perform computerized program registration(s) and/or membership processing and/or facility rental scheduling
- Reconcile and balance sales and registration with financial systems
- Control access to program and equipment rooms
- Facilitate business services (file, photocopy, fax and scan) for both the public and organization
- Monitor office supply levels (i.e. forms, copies of documents, etc)
- Oversee/supervise the building in partnership with the Custodial Team on evenings and weekends
- Room set up, as needed.
- Other administrative duties, as assigned
Requirements for Hire:
- Must enjoy working with the public and working in a customer service capacity.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite of Products (Word, Excel, etc) and knowledge of online platforms.
- First Aid, CPR, and WHIMS or willingness to obtain
- Must be legally entitled to work in Canada, must have resided in Nova Scotia at least six month prior to start of employment
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry and Criminal Record Check.
- Drivers License or reliable transportation
- Experience in the field of work preferred.
Salary: The wage for this position is $14.95/hr ($14.38 + 4% vacation pay).
Work hours: We are seeking candidates with week-day evening availability (between 5-10pm) 1-2 days per week and/or weekend availability (between 8am-8pm) Saturday and/or Sunday. Candidates do not have to have all of the listed times available and should specify their availability in their application/cover letter.
Start date: ASAP
Send resumes and cover letters by fax or e-mail (no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to (Fax) 902- 852-2867
Email cover letters and resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: ASAP – Hiring will be ongoing until all positions are filled.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Work Location: Prospect Road Community Centre, Hatchet Lake. *NOTE: The PRCC is NOT located on a public transit route.
You must be logged in to post a comment.