Under the direction of the Resource Opportunities Centre, the Recreation Program Instructor will:
- Lead & engage in recreational programs for a variety of age groups
- Responsible for delivery/participation in all scheduled programs/activities.
- Responsible for daily duties such as greeting participants/parents, organizing equipment and distribution and collection of permission slips
- Liaise with Community Centre staff regarding programs/events
- Promote and create awareness of the ROC & prospectcommunities.com
- Promote ROC services, projects and programs
- Participate in training and planning sessions as required
- Work with centre staff and support community initiatives as required
Requirements for Hire:
- First Aid, CPR, High Five and WHIMS or willingness to obtain
- At least one season/summer of experience leading children (Gr. P-5) and youth in a recreational setting.
- Be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment.
- Be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment.
- Be legally entitled to work according to the relevant provincial legislation and regulations. *International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.
- Note: proof of all of the above will be required.
- Successful screening through Child Abuse Registry.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, personable & well organized
- Experience working with the public, especially children and youth.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team member
- Drivers license, access to a vehicle or reliable transportation as the PRCC is not located on a public transit route.
Salary & Hours: The hourly wage for this position is $13.35 with full-time (35 hours/week) for 8 weeks of contract period. Contract Duration: June 27, 2022 to September 2, 2022.
Send resumes and cover letters by fax or e-mail (no phone calls).
Fax cover letters and resumes to (Fax) 902-852-2867
Email cover letters and resumes to email@example.com
Drop off to 2141 Prospect Road, Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia, B3T-1S1
Application Deadline: Ongoing – ASAP – Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted; interviews will be on-going as applications are received.
Work Location: Prospect Road Community Centre, Hatchet Lake.