REQUEST FOR QUOTATION
Snow removal (One season contract) – November 15th, 2021 – April 15th, 2022
The ROC is looking for a qualified vendor to provide snow removal for the Prospect Road Community Centre, 2141 Prospect Road, Hatchet Lake, Nova Scotia.
Snow removal services are required for the parking lot (including entrance from the road) and fire lane, also for the service road to the back of the facility to provide access for refuse collection and other service vehicles. Salting is required in the parking lot/fire land/entrance from the road when snow is removed; salt and sand required on request for the side road and back of facility (these areas are gravelled). Snow removal/salting is required before 6:00 AM on weekdays following a snow event; 7:00 AM on Saturday, Sunday or holidays. Snow removal, for the purposes of this contract, does not include snow clearing of doorways/entrances to the facility. An additional quote for this (snow clearing of doorways and entrances) will be considered if the service is available. At the end of the snow season, the contractor will return to remedy any issues/damage (ie gravel displacement, lawn repair, relocation of parking lot curbs etc.), and ensure the service road is returned to its usual operating condition.
Selection Criteria (to be addressed in quotation):
- The Contractor’s understanding and general approach in meeting the nature and scope of the work involved.
- The Contractor’s detailed plan to satisfy the requirements.
- The qualifications, experience and references of Contractor.
- Contractor shall be responsible for supplying a total cost with explanation of services for cost.
- Contractor is encouraged to provide additional information that you feel is important to describe your capabilities. Client references would be welcomed. Preference is given to local contractors from the Prospect Area, provided the cost is equivalent or better than outside vendors.
As part of the process leading to the selection of the Contractor, the ROC may request additions or clarifications to the proposal.
Requirements for submission of quotation
- Itemized list of services and costs (preference is to be billed monthly, however we will entertain quotes on a per plow basis as well)
- Proof of insurance- Commercial Liability in the amount of $2,000,000 is required.
- Proof of Workers Compensation Coverage
- Proof of current standing with Registry Joint Stocks NS.
The submission of the quotation can be done by hand, in a sealed envelope, dropped off to the Prospect Road Community Centre, or emailed to the Operations & Finance Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Thursday, October 28th, 2021
Please note that as of the original closing date we have not received any suitable quotes. Please reach out to us via phone at (902)852-2711 or email email@example.com to express interest as we are still looking for suitable options.
Contract period: November 15th, 2021 – April 15th, 2022 ( one season )