NEW!! ROC/PRCC Seniors Lunch to Go Program
We are pleased to announce that we are launching covid-friendly meal support for seniors in the Prospect Communities!
Thanks to funding from the Canadian Red Cross, the ROC is now offering a Seniors Lunch to Go program!
Meals are homemade but will be cold upon pickup. They will require reheating to a minimum internal temperature of 165, before consuming.
Menus will be released approximately one week ahead of each pick-up date.
This funding will support 6 free, weekly meals for seniors in our area on the following dates:
- Thursday, January 14th, 2021
- Tuesday, January 19th, 2021
- Tuesday, January 26th, 2021
- Tuesday, February 2nd, 2021
- Tuesday, February 9th, 2021
- Tuesday, February 16th, 2021
How to Participate:
- Reserve your meal by calling (902)852-4968 (leave a voice mail if needed & someone will return your call)
- Reservations will close Friday at noon for the following Tuesday pick-up date (with the exception of Thursday, January 14th, for which reservations will close Wednesday, January 13th at 10 am).
- Indicate if you require a gluten-free or regular meal
- Pick up your meal on the specified date, curbside, at the PRCC at 11am
- Reservations are open for all dates at this time & seniors are able to reserve a meal for all available pick-up dates.
In-Person Lunch & Learn
We are hoping to resume our regular Seniors Lunch & Learn program later this month (January 2021) – details coming soon (pending public health guidelines of course).
This unique program is designed with the specific needs of seniors in mind. Join us for an hour of light physical activity, a nutritious, home-made lunch followed by computer and gadget help.
- 11am-12pm – Light physical activity
Specific activities vary from week to week. Past activities have included Washer Toss, Supported Yoga, Nordic Pole Walking and Tai Chi.
- 12pm – Lunch!
Past lunches have included BLT Sandwiches, various soups, pot pies, with salads, veggies and muffins, cookies, fruit or fruit crisps for a health but sweet ending. Gluten free options are always available.
- 1pm – Technology and gadget help.
Feel free to bring your gadgets and your questions, our Technology Coordinator would be happy to help you.
$5 suggested donation or pay what you can.