The province of Nova Scotia has announced that ‘effective October 4, 2021, people are required by law to show proof that they are fully vaccinated to participate in discretionary, non-essential events and activities where people gather together’. Participants (12yrs+) will be asked to provide proof of vaccination & identification upon arrival at the facility and adults accompanying children 11yrs or younger must also comply. We will not be collecting or keeping record of vaccination status; patrons must show proof of vaccination during each visit. Full details can be found by clicking here.
These procedures below are subject to change based on the public health guidelines.
Pickleball, a racket sport played indoors on a badminton-size court is designed much like tennis but is played at a slower pace with a few differences.
Day: Monday, Thursday, Friday (some excluded dates apply; see below)
Price: $4.00 per visit OR 10 punch card for $35
Equipment Required: Comfortable clothing, water bottle, racket, sneakers.
Excluded dates: September 30, October 11, October 22, November 11, November 19, November 25, December 23, December 27
Entrance doors will open at 9:45am, access to the gymnasium will not be granted until 10am due to other programming & the required cleaning procedures that need to take place ahead of the Pickleball program.
- Participants should arrive dressed to play.
- Participants must wear a non-medical mask at all times when not playing a game.
- Nets will be set up by PRCC staff in advance of participant arrival. Benches will be available to waiting players. Participants must bring their own balls/rackets and staff will take down nets at the end of the session.
- Sessions will begin at 10am sharp and end promptly at 12pm. Participants must leave quickly to allow for cleaning to take place following the session.
- Washroom access will be limited to the back “fitness area” washrooms only.
- Players should avoid all physical contact such as shaking hands or tapping paddles with other players.
- Masks do not have to be worn during play but players should consider wearing masks if it’s comfortable for them to do so.
- Sanitizing spray & cloths will be available in the gymnasium space to allow for adequate sanitization of paddles/balls as necessary.
Outdoor Pickleball at the PRCC
The outdoor multi-use, sports court construction was completed in the Fall of 2018. The court is currently lined for multiple pickleball courts, and portable nets are located in a locked storage box secured to the court fence. The key to access the nets is available at the PRCC Front Desk during our current open hours. The hours in which the key will be available will match the open hours for our Fitness Centre; these hours are updated on a weekly basis. For the hours of operation for the Fitness Centre click here.
Note that the PRCC is unable to loan equipment for use on the sports court.
For questions regarding the Pickleball Program please contact Jessica McCarron via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.