As of Monday, March 21st, 2022, the province will enter phase 3 of the reopening plan. Note that while gathering limits, social distancing & masking are no longer required under this phase, patrons are welcome to continue masking & social distancing if that feels most comfortable to them.
Pickleball, a racket sport played indoors on a badminton-size court is designed much like tennis but is played at a slower pace with a few differences.
Day/Time: Monday (10am-12pm), Thursday (10am-12pm), Friday (10am-12pm), Sunday (1-3pm) (some excluded dates apply; see below)
Price: $4.00 per visit OR 10 punch card for $35
Equipment Required: Comfortable clothing, water bottle, racket, sneakers.
Excluded dates: Feb 21, Apr 15, Apr 17 (dates subject to changes and additions)
Participants are asked to arrive promptly for the start time of their program. Access to the gymnasium will not be available until the official start time of the program in order to ensure proper set up and cleaning protocols have been completed.
- Participants should arrive dressed to play.
- Nets will be set up by PRCC staff in advance of participant arrival. Benches will be available to waiting players. Participants must bring their own balls/rackets and staff will take down nets at the end of the session.
- Sessions will begin & end promptly according to the start/end times for the program. Participants must leave quickly to allow for cleaning to take place following the session.
- Washroom access will be limited to the back “fitness area” washrooms only.
- Players should avoid all physical contact such as shaking hands or tapping paddles with other players.
- Sanitizing spray & cloths will be available in the gymnasium space to allow for adequate sanitization of paddles/balls as necessary.
Outdoor Pickleball at the PRCC
The outdoor multi-use, sports court construction was completed in the Fall of 2018. The court is currently lined for multiple pickleball courts, and portable nets are located in a locked storage box secured to the court fence. The key to access the nets is available at the PRCC Front Desk during our open hours.
Note that the PRCC is unable to loan equipment for use on the sports court.
For questions regarding the Pickleball Program please contact Jessica McCarron via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.