Seniors Pickleball is back beginning on Monday, January 25th, 2020!
Pickleball, a racket sport played indoors on a badminton-size court is designed much like tennis but is played at a slower pace with a few differences.
Equipment Required: Comfortable clothing, water bottle & racket
**NEW Covid-19 Related Registration Procedure and Play Guidelines for Pickleball**
Days & Times:
Monday, Tuesday & Thursday – 10am to 12pm
Participants wishing to book a spot must call the PRCC Front Desk at (902)852-2711 on the day they wish to register (same-day registration only) between 9am – 9:45am to book a space.
Sessions will be limited to 20 players daily.
Registrations will not be accepted after 9:45am and will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis. Multiple registrations will only be accepted for members living in the same households (Ie: you can register yourself and your spouse but not your neighbour and/or friends living outside of your household)
You will not be permitted to book for future dates. Drop-ins are not available at this time.
The main doors will be opened at 9:45am and locked at 10am. Please do not arrive earlier than 9:45am and no late arrivals. Guests will be asked to sanitize, sign in & pay for their session upon arrival at the Front Desk before proceeding directly to the gymnasium.
- Participants must arrive dressed to play. Changing facilities/lockers are not available.
- Participants must wear a non-medical mask at all times when not playing a game.
- Sessions will be capped at 20 players to allow for maximum playtime and limited players waiting for a court.
- Nets will be set up by PRCC staff in advance of participant arrival. Benches will be available to waiting players. Participants must bring their own balls/rackets and staff will take down nets at the end of the session.
- Sessions will begin at 10am sharp and end promptly at 12pm. Participants must leave quickly to allow for cleaning to take place following the session.
- Washroom access will be limited to the back “fitness area” washrooms only.
- 2-metres of distance should be kept from other players at all times. Players must consider playing singles or doubles with household or exclusive bubble partners only.
- Players must avoid all physical contact such as shaking hands or tapping paddles with other players.
- Masks do not have to be worn during play but players should consider wearing masks if it’s comfortable for them to do so.
- Sanitizing spray & cloths will be available in the gymnasium space to allow for adequate sanitization of paddles/balls as necessary.
- Waiting players must maintain a distance of 2-meters from other waiting players.
Fees & payment:
Daily fee – $4.00
10-session punch card – $35.00
Payment will be accepted via credit/debit only at this time.
Outdoor Pickleball at the PRCC
The outdoor multi-use, sports court construction was completed in the fall of 2018. The court is currently lined for multiple pickleball courts, and portable nets are located in a locked storage box secured to the court fence. The key to access the nets is available at the PRCC front desk during regular business hours. Please note that as the PRCC facility is closed to the public at this time, due to Covid-19 & public health restrictions & protocols, we are unable to facilitate access to the lockbox & nets.
Note that the PRCC is unable to loan equipment for use on the sports court.