What happens at Summer Camp?
Our Summer Day Camp staff have planned 9 exciting weeks of themed programming with lots of new and exciting ideas for the children to enjoy!
Each day includes a multitude of activities that are theme oriented and designed to keep the children interested and engaged all day long. We offer a variety of active games, both inside and outside, passive games, crafts and art projects, quiet play and free play.
These day camps will be open to all children in Grade Primary to Five (2018/2019 school year)
Regular Hours: Monday to Friday – 8:30am-4:30pm July 2 – August 30
$129 per week
$15/wk for 7-8:30am (Early Drop off)
$10/wk for 7:30-8:30am (Early Drop off)
$10/wk for 4:30-5:30pm (Late Pick up)
Single Day Registrations: $32 per day (includes early drop off and late pick up – 7am-5:30pm)
Week 1- July 2 to 5 – Summer Kick-Off
Start your summer off right with a healthy dose of sunshine, laughs and lots of fun! Campers will have the chance to get outside to explore and learn, including a mix of good old fashion day camp games & activities.
Week 2- July 8 to 12 – Fun and Fitness
Engage in physical activities that will challenge campers both mentally and physically. Learn the importance of healthy eating and physical activity, while still having a blast!
Week 3- July 15 to 19 – Super Science
Calling all mad scientists! Bring your goggles and lab coats for this week filled with hands-on experiments and experiences.
Week 4- July 22 to 26 – Super Hero Week
Get your cape ready and join the group for a week full of secret missions, life-saving training and super power showcases!
Week 5- July 29 to August 2 – Time Travel Week
Hop in a time machine and explore the world’s history and travel to the future! Activities will model certain time periods and leave lots of room for big imaginations.
Week 6- August 6 to 9 – Music Week
Calling all composers, dancers, musicians, artists and shower singers! Bring your rock star attitude and creativity to dance your way through this week.
Week 7- August 12 to 16 – Wacky Water
Beat the heat this summer at the PRCC. Gather your best beach attire and prepare for a cool down.
Week 8 – August 19 to 23 – Amazing Race Week
Don’t forget your passport this week – you’ll need it to race around the world for PRCC’s own Amazing Race!
Week 9- August 26 to 30 – Random Theme Week
Campers won’t know what to expect with a new and exciting theme each day!
What do I bring to Summer Camp?
- Lunch and Snacks – Your child will need to bring lunch and two snacks for each day. We ask that they are non- microwavable, peanut/nut free and that you do not send money for vending machines.
- Sunscreen – Please ensure your child brings their own supply of sunscreen each day to camp in a labelled bottle.
- Active Clothing and Sneakers – All children should dress appropriately for active play & mess (shorts, tshirts, etc) and bring sneakers each day. Sneakers are required for all active games and can be left at PRCC during day camp so they are not forgotten. Also, please ensure your child has a bathing suit/towel and change of clothes each day in the event of water activities or accidents.
- Hats – Each child should bring a wide-brimmed hat to camp as we will spend a lot of time doing outdoor activities.
- Water bottles – Each child should bring a water bottle to camp that we can refill as necessary.
- Toys/Electronics – We have a busy schedule so we ask that all toys (including Fidgets) and electronics be left at home.
- Medication – If your child requires medication during camp hours please ensure it is in its original package, labelled with the child’s name and dosage and a medication form is completed.
Please label all your child’s belongings to help cut down on lost items.
- 7am-8:30am – Unstructured, supervised play – activities include: coloring, imaginative & creative play, reading
- 8:30am – 4pm – Structured, theme oriented play and activities.
- Snack at 10am and 2:30pm, lunch at 12pm.
- 4pm-4:30pm – Group free-play in gymnasium
- 4:30pm-5:30pm – Unstructured, supervised play – outdoors or in gymnasium.
Questions about Summer Camp? Contact Jessica – Programs and Events Manager- firstname.lastname@example.org