Teen Dance Events
The Prospect Road Community Centre is proud to offer Teen Dances to both local and neighbouring Junior High School Students.
This event is run by a mix of staff members and local community members that volunteer their time. In order to keep everyone safe and ensure that we have adequate staff and volunteer’s present tickets must be purchased in advance.
- All tickets must be purchased in-person at the PRCC Front Desk during regular business hours. No tickets will be reserved over the phone.
- Teens or their parents must purchase their ticket in person at the PRCC. Teens are unable to buy tickets for a group of friends; however parents are able to purchase tickets for their child’s friends and must have all required information at time of purchase (name, grade, school, and emergency contact number). Teens must present a form of identification at the time of ticket purchase.
The following is considered an acceptable form of ID:
- Student ID Card
- NS ID Card
- Birth Certificate
- Health Card
Photocopy of any of the above
- Ticket sales will first open to students that attend Brookside Jr. High School, or who reside in the Prospect Communities but attend a school outside of the area. This ensures that local students are given first priority. Following the deadline for local students, remaining tickets will be available for purchase by students attending Grade 6 to 9 outside of the Prospect Communities.
- A limit of 175 tickets will be sold.
- Deadline for all ticket sales will be the Thursday prior to the event, at 10pm.
- Tickets will not be available at the door nor will they be sold the day of the event.
- No refunds will be issued for dance tickets and all tickets are non-transferable.
Teens must adhere to the following policies while attending a Teen Dance:
- Teens must show proof of age upon arrival. Please see above for acceptable forms of ID.
- Teens may not leave the dance before 10pm unless a parent is present to pick them up. They may not re-enter the dance if they choose to leave the building on their own accord. Arrangements will be made to ensure they are picked up.
- There will be no loitering outside of the dance area.
- A modest dress code is required – no bags, purses or jackets will be permitted in the dance area and will be locked in a secure coat-check location.
- No outside food or drinks are allowed within the teen dance. A canteen will be available on-site.
- No inappropriate displays of affection – the appropriateness of such public displays will be left to the discretion of the chaperons.
- Teens are expected to behave in a respectful manner at all times. A zero-tolerance policy will be followed for any disruptive behaviour.
- When a rule is broken, any of the following may occur: Parents will be contacted, incident reports may be completed, individual may be asked to leave the event and/or the individual may not be permitted to attend future teen dance events.
**Parents are responsible to ensure each teen has a safe and secure way of getting home following the dance. The ROC cannot supervise your child once they have been dismissed at the end of the teen dance.